Drug Denaturing Kit - 250mls
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 21 - 100 and get 10% off
DRUG DENATURING KIT Size: 250MLS
The DenKit® is the drug denaturing kit of choice within primary care organisations, pharmacies, medics and other healthcare organisations.
The denaturing of CDs could be classified as 'waste processing' and , as such, may require a waste processing licence, However, the Environment Agency and the Home Office have agreed that the denaturing of medicenes as required under the Misuse of Drugs Regulations will not be subject to this requirement.
When denaturing Controlled Drugs the commercially available Denkit CD destruction Kit should be used. Under no circumstance should any process which incluces grinding, dissolving in soapy water or bleach or mixing with cat litter (or similar) be used.
Follow the manufacturers instructions on the kit carefully
- Solid dose formulations should be removed from the packaging (i.e de-blistered). NB: Hot water (not boiling) should be added to the destruction kit if wax coated tablets are to be denatured
- Liquid dose formulations should be poured directly into the kit
- Thick sugary formultions should be pre mixed with some warm water to lower the viscosity before adding to the kit
- Perenteral formulations, such as ampoules should be broken open and the drug emptied into the kit
- Fentanyl patches can be rendered irretrievable by removing the backing and folding the patch over upon itself
Note: with the exception of the denaturing of Controlled Drugs, any process which involves de-blistering, emptying bottles, opening ampoules, etc is a licensable activity under the Waste Management Licensing Regulations.
The used denaturing kit should be placed in the controlled drug cabinet untill the contents have denatured which may take up to 24 hours
Once denatured, controlled drug stock must be disposed of in separate containers to those used to dispose of other medicines and disposed of via secure incineration service
Dry formulations, powders and tablets should be added to the Denkit first, once a liquid formulations has been added the denaturing must be completed by adding water to the level mark replacing the lid and giving the contents a good shake. To complete the denaturing process the kit should be placed in to the CD cabinet for 24 hours
Wide neck jars for easy filling
Screw threaded leak resistant lid
Clear plastic jars to make seeing levels easy
Label with printed instructions
buy with confidence from MediBargains.co.uk